Thursday, November 21, 2013

Desert sand shines in the sun, sweat runs down my neck

Next step in the adventure is getting rid of the latex. Once the background’s first layer is dry, all the covered areas are cleared up. Now, anything can happen. Therefore it is one of the most exciting moments of painting.


Young Indy now is ready to continue the adventurous joyride through the excavation site. There I grab my brushes and begin discovering the hidden treasures – their shapes and colors. The glittering pieces in the left corner of the "excavation site" are glitter in 3 colors: champagne, yellow gold, and bits of fine copper. I powdered it all over the paper when the background was still wet. The sparkles add more treasurelike effect. It is as if I was at some ancient site and desert sand shone in the midday sun. In the heat coming from the blue sky above me, I wipe the sweat off my face and neck. I am now ready to move on to discovering the barley's hidden textures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment